Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: grease my palm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    grease my palm

    While gas is at record prices, the country searches for cash to get to work....Except for a select few. The oil industry is a sin.
    Exxon made more than $10 billion but an 85-point gain for the Dow shrivels to a 2-point loss. Aetna plunges as it forecasts higher medical costs. New home sales slip, hurting builders such as Pulte.

    It is time the oil companies paid some taxes....The 10 million is for a quarter. Anything else would be the subject of an investigition and profit control. The billions last year in tax breaks look pretty sad now.


  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: grease my palm

    Now you know the poor little old oil companies need that money more than we do. They have bonuses to pay for the select few. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: grease my palm

    Could the working folks win, just once? Catch all the folks taking us on the freebies, or tax something other than the lower middle class? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Course I've been told times I have no class, so I guess that still wouldn't be me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: grease my palm

    Their definitely making a lot money, of course thats the idea of business though. I do respect Exxon's VP I believe it was who did come on the Today show a few months ago for an interview when all other oil companies declined.

    They asked if they would cut the price, and he stated that they are there to make money for their stock holders because that is the reason they have invested in their company. At least he was honest, and didn't shoot the bull around in doing it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: grease my palm

    Yep, and I understand that. However when one product plays the role this does in the economy and is being run up in price, it looks like it might be time for some of those "Patriot" laws to be jerked out of the bag. National security you know. It is slowing the economy, making us less secure, less tax money for defense. I hate to keep harping, but the government neve cares to send striking miners some help sorting things out.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: grease my palm

    I agree with you as well. I just actually respected the man for coming out and saying it like he did, instead of spreading waste deep BS. At least he had the cajones to do it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: grease my palm

    Just heard on CBS news that the oil industry reports $33 billion in earning during the 2nd quarter.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: grease my palm

    Perhaps my hero will give'em some more tax money to look for new oil sources. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •